This announcement is for the current prep students, not for those who enrolled through sis.itu.edu.tr.
The June Proficiency Exam will take place online on June 5, 2023 at 09:00 in one session. Click here for the list of eligible prep students who can take the exam. The exam will be administered on Elma.
Technical Requirements for the Proficiency Exam
· You must use the up-to-date version of Chrome browser on your computer to take the exam.
· You must allow pop-ups in Chrome. Click here for the relevant instructions.
· The exam must be open only on one window at a time. If you encounter any problems (page not fully loading, connection problems, power cuts. etc.) close the exam window that is open and login again to continue where you left off.
· For the Listening section you need headphones or speakers.
Proficiency Exam Rules
· The exam will be accessible from 09.00 to 11.30 on the exam day.
· Even if you log in the system any time later than 09.00, you will need to complete the exam by 11.30.
· If you cannot complete your exam by 11.30, the answers you have provided up to 11:30 will be automatically saved.
· The interface of the exam platform is English.
· It is not possible to return to the skipped questions in the exam. During the Reading Section reading text will be displayed for each question.
· In order to take notes during the listening, you need to have a draft paper and pencil with you. Important titles in the listening text will be displayed on the screen during the listening.
· If a student is disconnected for technical reasons such as power or internet outage, if they can re-enter the system, they will be able to continue the exam from where they left off.
· A make-up exam will be conducted on June 8, 2022 09:00 for those who fail to take or complete their exam on June 5, 2023 because of technical failures.
· The data recorded during the exam will be analyzed by data processing methods and, if necessary, by the authorized commission of the university. If behaviors that do not comply with student stance such as cheating, deception or fraud, misleading, etc. are detected, the exams of the relevant students will be deemed invalid and they will be treated according to the Student Disciplinary Regulations of Higher Education Institutions.
· Since the exam will be held in a single session, undergraduate students who receive 60 or more out of 100 in total are considered successful.
· The students who have taken the exam are assumed to have accepted the exam rules.
The details about the content of the exam are given in the table below.
||Number of Questions
||Points for Each Question
For any technical problems or questions, you can only get support by opening a ticket. Please follow the steps below to successfully open a help ticket.
http://yardim.itu.edu.tr/ > Yardım Bileti Oluşturun > Yabancı Diller Yüksekokulu > İngilizce Yeterlilik Sınavı > Sınavla İlgili Sorular
PLEASE CHECK FOR FURTHER ANNOUNCEMENTS ON THIS WEB SITE REGULARLY.
School of Foreign Languages