Why Spanish language should be learnt?
Since 600 million people in the world are Spanish native speakers; by learning Spanish, it is possible to communicate with minimum 600 million people.
As a mother language, Spanish is the most spoken and used language after Chinese. In fact, it is the official language in 21 countries. As a second tongue, it is the most spoken language after English. Actually, in 18 countries Spanish is the most spoken second language.
Besides, Spanish has many similarities with Portuguese, French, Italian and Romanian. So, after you learn Spanish, you can learn the languages we have mentioned above much easier.
In addition, it is the official language of many international institutions such as European Union, UNESCO or WTO.
Last but not least, it is the language of music, dance, movies and series, fine arts and poetry. Definitely, Spanish is the language of passion.
To know a language is like to be a human, two languages is two, …
ISP 101 is for the beginner students. Therefore, students who will register for the first time are kindly requested to enroll ISP 101. Those students who did not pass a previous course are not allowed to register in the following level. ISP 102, 201, 202, 301 and 302 courses are not suitable for new students. However, students who wish to accredit their Spanish level in order to begin at a level higher than the 101 course, should contact the coordinator to take a level test before the beginning of the course. Students may register at a higher level according to the obtained score.
According to ITU regulations, students must attend 75% of classes. This means that students cannot miss more than 12 hours of the course. Additionally, students who do not attend 3 consecutive days to class will automatically fail the course, losing their right to be evaluated. Students who are more than ten minutes late for a lesson are marked absent for that hour.
Assignments must be turned in on the day they are due, during class time. Failing to present an assignment on the due date, at the specified time, will result in a ZERO for that assignment. Students who do not attend the midterm exam (it would be a workshop) will have a zero as mark, therefore cannot pass the subject.
Object Of The Subject
The objective of the lessons is not only to develop the four basic language skills (listening-speaking-reading-writing) by the help of the communicative approach, It also aims at:
Some of the projects carried out in the course in order to get these objectives are:
- Helping students gain cultural and intercultural awareness;
- Developing in the students the capacity of an autonomous learning, based on the reasoning and the creativity not in the memorization;
- Developing student´s social competences.
Second Spanish Workshop
Third Spanish Workshop
Meditation through Spanish Culture
Sixth Spanish Workshop: Culture of Spanish Speaking-Countries
Istanbul Spanish Culture Workshops
Midterm Exam/Workshop: 30%
Final Exam: 50%
Attendance, participation and homework: 20%
Selective Foreign Language Courses, included in course plans for license programmes, was added to ITB group in accordance with the Senate law no.689 and dated 29th of November 2019, with “3” course credit starting with 2018-2019 Spring academic term.
In case of participation in pre-mentioned courses, marks of the student will be written over the transcript with letter system and therefore will effect graduation credit and grade point averages (GDP).
|Kredisi (Local Credits) ||AKTS Kredisi (ECTS Credits) ||Ders (Theoretical) ||Uygulama (Tutorial) |
|3 ||4 ||2 ||2 |
Starting with 2018-2019 spring academic term, below grade system will be taken as a basis for ITU Selective Language Courses;
AA 100-95 Text Book
BA 94 – 85
BB 84– 75
CB 74– 65
CC 64 – 60
DC 59 – 55
DD 54 – 50
- Jaime Corpas, Eva García, Agustín Garmendia (2020). Aula Internacional Plus 1. Curso de Español. Difusión. S.L. Barcelona.
- Jaime Corpas, Eva García, Agustín Garmendia (2020). Aula Internacional Plus 2. Curso de Español. Difusión. S.L. Barcelona.
- Jaime Corpas, Eva García, Agustín Garmendia (2020). Aula Internacional Plus 3. Curso de Español. Difusión. S.L. Barcelona.
- Alonso, R. Castañeda, A. Martínez, P. Miquel, L. Ortega, J. y Ruiz, J.P. (2005). Gramática Básica del Estudiante de Español A1-B1. Ed. Difusión. S.L. Barcelona.
- Palencia del Burgo, R. y Aragonés Fernández, L. (2014) Gramática de Uso del Español. B1-B2: Teoría y práctica con solucionario. Ed. Difusión. S.L. Barcelona.
Coordinator:María Victoria Gálvez Frutos